SAP Engineering Control Center: Connect Engineering to Your Enterprise
As product diversity and complexity grow, manufacturers are producing individual products that consist of hardware, electronics, and software using data stored in multiple authoring tools. With the SAP Engineering Control Center Platform, design and engineering teams can combine these diverse data sources into one holistic overview of product data, to do their jobs faster and more efficient.
- Increase efficiency in engineering through a single, intuitive user interface with easy and controlled access to product data
- Ensure a holistic product description for increased transparency by providing a single platform, to get a 360 degree product view, including mechanics, electronics, software, and simulation
- Consistent integration of authoring tools.
- Reduce operating costs by integrating all authoring tools along the value chain with SAP Business Suite and reducing the number of interfaces
SAP Engineering Control Center Interface to PTC Creo
The availability of highly efficient integrations of CAx systems is a crucial feature of PLM systems. The SAP Engineering Control Center with the SAP Engineering Control Center interface to PTC Creo enables direct management of Creo® Parametric models and structures in SAP and also provides direct access to all important functionalities of the SAP system.
The SAP Engineering Control Center interface to PTC Creo ensures seamless, homogeneous integration into the CAD system Creo® Parametric. There is no need for a separate document management solution since the functionality of the SAP system can be used directly. Users work in their usual SAP environment due to the direct access to standard SAP functionality.
Functions of the interface
- Management of different Creo® Parametric object types (ASM, PRT, DRW, LAY…)
- Management of external and internal references
- Management of simple or hierarchical family tables
- Transfer of transformation matrices and bounding boxes for DMU
- Parameter- (Attribute-)synchronisation between SAP und Creo®
- Creation of thumbnails and viewing files
- Creation of Materials and BOMs
- Direct access to many other SAP functionalities
- Integrated management of PLM and ERP product structures
- Redundancy free management of design data (meta data and files) within one system
- Fast and company wide access to the most current product data, like drawings
- Higher efficiency within the product development as Creo® Parametric drawings and models can be linked with SAP objects
- Controlled change and release processes and Business Workflow
- Worldwide data distribution, secured by user and Access Control Management
Media & Links
- Video: SAP Engineering Control Center interface to PTC Creo: Product Video Guide
- PowerPoint-Folien: SAP Engineering Control Center interface to PTC Creo: Product Presentation
- Official SAP Engineering Control Center Brochure
- What's new in SAP Enginnering Control Center 5.1?